Category Home Cooking
March 29, 2020 Home Cooking
Have you thought about making your own sambhar powder. Yes during this lockdown I decided to make this and while using it you just need add tamrind pulp and your yummy sambhar is ready.
- Chana dal – 5 tbsp
- Urad dal – 4.5 tbsp
- Corriander seeds – 5 tbsp
- Meethi seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon sticks – 2 nos
- Red chillies – 12 nos
- Hing – 1 big pinch
- Curry leaves dried – 12 pcs (optional)
- Place a pan over medium flame and once it heated then put all the ingredients mentioned and dry roast it.
- Once it’s roasted let it cool down and now put all them in a grinder and make a fine powder.
- Now fill it in storage bottle and use it when you prepare sambhar.
- Bengal grams – 100 gms
- Onion – 1 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 medium make puree
- Ginger garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin/ jeera powder- 1 tsp
- Corriander powder – 1.5 tsp
- Bay leaf -1
- Cinamon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves (laung) – 5 pcs
- Freshly chopped corriander for garnishing
- Tea bag – 1
- Kastori meethi – 1 large pinch
- Aam churchur – 1 tsp
- Aanardana – 1 pinch
- Lemon – cut in quaters
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Maida – 2 cups
- Sooji – 2 tbsp
- Curd – 50 ml
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Eno fruit salt – 1 packet
- Luke warm water – to knead dough
- Oil for frying
- Soak the bengal gram over night or for 6 to 8 hrs...
January 14, 2020 Home Cooking
- Til/ Sesame seeds: 200 gms
- Jaggery/Gur :100 gms
- Water – 20 ml
- Firstly dry roast the Sesame seeds on a medium flame.
- Roast them till the color changes to slight brown and you can get a light aroma .this will make the seeds nutty.
- Now remove the seeds from the pan and let it cool. In the meanwhile break the jaggery into small pieces and place them on the pan
- To it add a bit of water in order to prevent it from burning.
- Cook it till the jaggery lumps disappear and cook it till the syrup thickens. To test it you can put a drop of jaggery syrup in cold water if you can mould the syrup in the shape of a ball in the water then it’s done. .
- Once the syrup is perfect add the sesame seeds and mix well.
- In the meanwhile grease a plate with ghee so that...
September 7, 2019 Home Cooking
- Cucumber- 1
- Pineapple – 200gms
- Lettuce leaves – 100 gms
- Lime juice – 2 tsp
- Chilly flakes – 1 pinch
- Oregano – 1 pinch
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Chop the lettuce leaves finely and put them in a bowl.
- Now cut the pineapple into cubes and put it in the bowl.
- Now peel the cucumber and cut it into cubes and add them to the bowl now sprinkle olive oil, chilly flakes, oregano and salt over it and mix well
- After giving a good mix it’s ready to serve.
February 24, 2019 Home Cooking
- Onion – 1 large
- Ginger garlic paste – 4 tbsp
- Onion paste – 1 medium onion grinded
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 TSP
- Pepper powder – 1 TSP
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 TSP
- In a pan heat some oil and add the sliced onion and fry till it’s golden brown.
- After that add the ginger garlic paste along with the onion paste to it.
- Next add all the spices and fry till the entire water dries up.
- You can store this paste in your refrigerator for 3 weeks and use it whenever you want.
February 4, 2019 Home Cooking
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilly – 8 pcs
- Peppercorn – 1 tsp
- Corriander seeds – 1 tb so
- Roasted onion – 1 small
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Cinamon – 1 inch pc
- Cloves – 5 pcs
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar or jaggery – 2 TSP
- Goan vinegar
- In a mixer grinder put all the mentioned ingredients and grind in a fine paste.
- Grind using the goan coconut vinegar as this will give a nice flavor don’t use water.
- Once done store it in refrigerator and you can use it for fish fry, lady’s finger fry etc.
January 12, 2019 Home Cooking
- Coriander leaves handful
- Garlic clove 12
- Green chillies 5 nos
- Green capsicum 1/2
- Onion 1 medium
- Ginger 5 inches
- Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
- Shrimps 4 nos
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder 2 tsp
- White pepper powder 2 TSP
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Lemon zest 1 Tsp
- Coconut milk 3 tbsp
- Wash your the coriander leaves and take the root part as that will give lot of flavor. If you are using lemon grass then lemon zest is not required.
- Put all these ingredients mentioned in a blender
- Grind it into a fine paste.
- Once done empty it in a storage box and refrigerate. Use when required.
- This can be used to make any green Thai curry dish.
January 9, 2019 Home Cooking
- Cocunut – 1 pc.
- Corriander leaves – 1 big bunch
- Coriander seeds – 10 nos
- Green chilli -4 nos
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Tamarind – 1 small ball
- Roasted onion 1 medium size
Pro tip: roast the onion by directly keeping it on the stove burner.
- You can scrap the coconut if you have a scrapper. If you don’t have then slice it thin and put in the grinder and grind it.
- Now add the coriander leaves green chi...
January 9, 2019 Home Cooking
- Tomatoes – 4 nos big cut into cubes
- Onions – 2 nos medium cut into cubes
- Green chilly – 2 nos slit from between
- Curry leaves – 7 nos
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Chana dal – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Mustard seed – 2 tsp
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and pour in the cooking oil and let it get heated it will take 3 mins.
Now to it add the cumin seeds 1 tsp of mustard seeds curry leaves and fry for 2 mins make sure they don’t burn.
- Now add green chillies to it and fry for a minute.
- After this add the chana dal and urad dal and fry till the color changes to light golden
- And now add the tomatoes and onion to it.
- Cook till the tomatoes turn mushy after this put off the stove and let it cool down completely.
October 24, 2018 Home Cooking
Today we will see how to make ghee at home
So let’s get started
Firstly to prepare ghee get full cream milk everyday and as the cream forms keep collecting it in a container and store it in the refrigerator
Keep repeating this till we have sufficient quantity of cream collected. Once done take the container out of the refrigerator and keep it in room temperature overnight.
Pro Tip: To get a nice color to the ghee add two tablespoon of curd to it.
We are all set to make Ghee out of it.
Put the collected cream in a container and whisk it nicely for 3-5 minutes till it is nicely done as shown below.Read More