Category Fish Recipes
Many of us love Prawns and have tried different ways to prepare it. This is my aunt’s recipe and I see this as a comfort food or you Can also call it one pot meal as everything cooks together. This is a simple flavourful recipe. Am really greatful to my aunt for introducing goan flavors to me.
Let’s get started. I have forgotten to take the pic of the ingredients .so am gonna put it directly under the ingredients list.
- Prawns cleaned and deveined – 500 gms
- Rice – 700 gms
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Bay leaves – 1 crushed
- Cloves – 3
- Onion – 2 large finely chopped
- Carrot – 50 gms
- Peas – 50 gms
- Beans – 50 gms
- Cauliflower – 50 gms
- Tomatoes – 3 large finely chopped
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salmon – 4 pcs
- Lime – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch finely chopped
- Garlic – 6pods finely chopped
- Chilly – 1 red finely chopped
- Lemongrass – half inch finely chopped
- Baby corn – 5 pcs
- Zucchini green -1small
- Zucchini yellow -1small
- Pineapple – 6 cubes
- Soya sauce – 50 ml
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Chilly flakes – 1 tsp
- Kosher salt – a pinch
- Wash the Salmon properly chop the veggies roughly. In a bowl pour the soy sauce to it add garlic, ginger, oregano, chilly flakes, chopped chillies, lemongrass, lime juice and kosher salt Mix well.
- To it add the salmon prices and let them rest for 15 mins.
- Now after 15 mins take a grill pan and heat it. Add butter and spread it properly on the pan. Add oil so that the butter doesn’t burn.
- Add the salmon to it and grill it on both side.
- Hilsa/Illish fish – 500 gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Corriander powder – 2 tsp
- Bhuna masala – 1 tsp
- Black cimin seed – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 2 slit from between
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Musturd oil – 4 tbsp
- In a bowl put a ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp mustard oil and salt and make a paste.
- Apply the masala on the fish on both the side and marinate for 30 mins.
- After this in a wok pour musturd oil and let it get heated for 5 mins or till u see a thin smoke coming out.
- Then add the fish peices and fry
- Fry till it’s golden on both sides. And keep it aside.
- In the left over oil add the black cumin seeds and green chilly.
- Now add bhuna masala and after tha...
- Grated coconut – 1/2
- Fish- 700 gms
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 TSP
- Corriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Tamrind pulp – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Wash the fish thoroughly and after that sprinkle some turmeric and chilly powder and salt. let the fish marinate for 15 mins
- In a mixer grinder now put the grated coconut, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and corriander powder add a cup of water and grind it into a fine paste
- Now heat a cooking pot over medium flame. Normally this dish is prepared in a clay pot but you can use any pot of your choice. Once the pot is heated pour some oil and to it add the green chilly and ginger garlic paste and cook for 3 mins
- After this add the coc...
- White pomfret – 2
- Recheado masala
- Firstly prepare the recheado masala to prepare it follow the link http://jainabskitchen.com/home-cooking/recheado-masala/
- Now wash the pomfret properly and apply some salt to them and then apply the recheado masala and leave it to marinate for 15 mins.
- After this you can heat 2tbsp of oil in a frying pan and place the pomfret in the pan and cook for 7 mins on each side
- After 7 mins flip it and cook again so that it gets cooked on both sides. If you don’t want to fry you can bake them at 180 degrees for 40 mins.
- Once done its ready to serve.
- Black Pomfret – 700gms
- Pepper corn -20 nos
- Kashmir red dry chilly – 7 nos
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds -1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2tsp
- Firstly wash the pomfret thoroughly and then pat dry it using a kitchen towel
- After that make slits on the pomfret on both the side so that the masala can go inside
- Now roast the masala that is red chilly, peppercorn, cumin, coriander seeds and grind it using vinegar and add ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Now apply the masala to the pomfret on both sides and put it in the oven and grill it at 200 degree for 35 mins.
- Ready to serve
- Prawns – 500gms
- Butter – 10gms
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 15 cloves
- Green Chilly – 2 nos
- Freshly chopped Coriander – 2 Tsp
- Pepper powder -1/2 Tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 Tsp
- Wash and clean the prawns properly. Chop the garlic, chilly and coriander leaves finely
- Now place a pan over the stove. Keep the flame on medium. Once the pan is heated pour in the olive oil and add butter
- Now once the butter melts add the prawns
- After 5 mins flip the prawns upside down
- Now sprinkle salt and pepper over the prawns and also add the lemon juice
- Allow it to cook for 3 mins and now add finely chopped garlic.
- Stir well let it absorb the flavor and after a min add chopped green chilly
- Cook for a minute and then add the coriander leaves and give a good stir
- Prawns – 500gms
- Green chilli-2 nos
- Onion- 2nos
- Green Capsicum- 2nos
- Ginger garlic paste -1 Tsp
- Red chilly powder -1 Tsp
- Black pepper powder- 2 Tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 Tsp
- Cooking oil – 2 Tbsp
- In a pan heat the oil over medium flame and then to it add the slit green chilly
- After 2 mins add the prawns. Clean and wash the prawns before cooking it.
- Cook for some 3 mins and then add turmeric powder
- Mix well and then add the ginger garlic paste.
- After this continues cooking till the smell of ginger garlic vanishes. After that add red chilly powder
- Now mix well and after 2 mins add onions. Cut the onions into square
- After this add the capsicum. Cut the capsicum into square shape
- Now add salt and let the onion and capsicum get cooked...
- Bread Slice as require
- Melted Butter
- Boiled Tuna – 200 gm
- Onion – 2 medium chopped
- Green chili- 3
- Capsicum chopped- 1/4th
- Tomatoes – 1 medium
- freshly chopped coriander 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes- 1 Tbsp
- Orgeno – 1 Tbsp
- In a bowl firstly put the boiled Tuna and to it add the onion, green chili, capsicum,tomatoes, coriander leaves, red chili flake ,Oregano and mayonnaise mix well.
- Now appl...