Strawberry Sabudana kheer
March 6, 2020 Desserts
- Sabudana /tapioca balls- 100 gms
- Milk – 500 ml
- Strawberry- 100 gms
- Dry fruits chopped
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Dried rose petals (optional)
- A big pinch of green cardamom powder.
- Firstly soak the tapioca balls or sabudana for 10 mins in normal water till they are soft. Meanwhile keep the milk to boil.
- Once the milk comes to boil add the sabudana . Make sure that once the sabudana is soft you drain out excess water and then just add the sabudana to the milk and after this keep stirring it over a medium flame till they are translucent. ￼once they are translucent it means they are completely cooked.
- While the sabudana is getting cooked roughly chop the strawberries and put them in a blender and make puree of it.
- Now take a pan and keep it over a medium flame and pour this strawberry puree on it and to it add some sugar as per taste I added 1 tbsp of sugar and let it get cooked.
- Cook it till the sugar is completely changed and along with it the color.
- Now if the sabudana has got properly cooked then add this strawberry puree to the sabudana and mix well.
- Now lower the flame and let it simmer for only 7 mins to it add a big pinch of green cardamom powder. In the meanwhile heat a pan over medium flame and to it add a tsp of ghee and add the chopped dry fruits to it and fry till they are crunchy enough.
- now add these crunchy nuts to the sabudana. Reserve some so that you Can use them for garnishing.
- You can add the nuts even after turning off the flame. Now if you want add some dried rose petals. It’s just for flavor. Let the kheer cool down after that put it in the fridge. Serve chill.