Goan Prawns Pulav
Many of us love Prawns and have tried different ways to prepare it. This is my aunt’s recipe and I see this as a comfort food or you Can also call it one pot meal as everything cooks together. This is a simple flavourful recipe. Am really greatful to my aunt for introducing goan flavors to me.
Let’s get started. I have forgotten to take the pic of the ingredients .so am gonna put it directly under the ingredients list.
- Prawns cleaned and deveined – 500 gms
- Rice – 700 gms
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Bay leaves – 1 crushed
- Cloves – 3
- Onion – 2 large finely chopped
- Carrot – 50 gms
- Peas – 50 gms
- Beans – 50 gms
- Cauliflower – 50 gms
- Tomatoes – 3 large finely chopped
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Water- 1400 ml
- Salt as required.
- Bouilon cube 1
- Firstly wash and soak the rice for 30 mins. Now place the cooking pot over medium flame add oil and to it add bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves.
- Now after a min add chopped onions ￼and chillies and statue it.
- Once it’s done add all the veggies and stir fry now adding veggies is optional if you don’t want to add veggies then also it’s ok. You can add tomatoes as they add nice flavour. I have skipped the tamato here.
- Now add the prawns and just let them absorb the flavor for 5 mins.
- Now after this add the soaked rice remember to drain out the water completely from the rice.
- Now add cumin powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add water to it and remember the quantity of water will be double the quantity of rice.add salt. Also add bouilon.
- Now cover and let it get cook. If you are using a pressure cooker cook for a single whistle.
- And now it’s ready to serve.