Kashmiri Mutton Biryani
September 15, 2019 Non Veg Recipes
- Mutton – 500 gms
- Pulav rice – 3 cups ( basmati rice can be used)
- Green chilly – 2 slit from between
- Shahjeera – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Sauf powder – 2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp ( optional )
- Yoghurt – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 3
- Javitri powder – 1 tsp
- Saffron milk – 2 tbsp
- Soak the rice for 30 mins and wash the mutton properly. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and to it add shahjeera , green chillies and bay leaves
- Add the meat pieces.
- And fry them till it turns brownish And to it add sauf powder dry ginger powder, yoghurt, javitri powder, saffron milk, red chilly powder (optional I added as I wanted it bit spicy) and salt
- Mix well and let it cook for 4 whistles. After that once the cooker cools down open the lid.
- And to it add the rice that was soaked
- Mix it well.
- Now add 4 cups of water use the same cup to measure water that was used to measure rice. Mix well add a bit of salt. And once again close the lid. Cook for 1 whistle.
- After the whistle let the cooker cool down a bit then open the lid .
- It’s ready to serve. Garnish using fried onions or freshly chopped cilantro and serve with raita.