- Chicken – 800 gms
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Brown onion paste – 1.5 tbsp
- Red chilly paste – 1.5 tbsp
- Tomato puree – 400 ml
- Cashew almonds paste – 1 tbsp
- Corriander powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Muaturd oil – 2tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Hot charcoal – 1 pc
- Ghee – . 5 tsp
- Fried onions for garnish
- Chopped corriander leaves for garnishment.
- In a mixing bowl put the chicken pieces. I have used chicken with skin as I feel it adds flavors and to it add hung curd, chilly paste, corriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt and a tbsp of musturd oil. If you don’t have musturd oil you can skip adding. Musturd adds nice flavor so I have used it. Mix well and let it marinate for 45 mins.
- In the meantime I chop 3 onions and fry them till it’s golden and keep them side to cool down so that we can make a paste out of it . Also we will blanch 10 almonds and 5 cashews and make a paste out of it. If you want you can prepare your tomato puree.
- So after 45 mins I am going to transfer the marinated to the cooking pot. So am using the same oil which I had used to fry onions.
- We will let it cook on a medium flame for 10 mins after that we will add tomato puree cover the lid and again let cook for 20 mins and then add the fried onion paste to it mix well and cover and let it cook for 10 mins.
- After this am gonna add cashew paste and mix it well and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Finally will add heavy cream mix well. In the meantime I also heated a charcol piece on the other burner and once the charcol was hot enough I added ghee to it just to smoke up and kept it in this cooking pot and closed the lid making sure that we get the smoky flavour. So after 5 mins will remove the charcol bowl from the cooking pot.
- And the angara gravy is ready. Have it with any type of flat bread or pulav . Garnish with fried onions and corriander leaves. It’s ready to serve.