Simple Chicken Curry.
This is a simple recipe basically my own way of preparing Chicken. Actually in India every family has their own way of cooking and today am gonna share my way of cooking with you.
- Chicken – 500gms
- Green chillies – 3 slit from middle
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 3 pcs
- Tomato – 3 pcs medium
- Kashmiri Chilly – 7 pcs
- Cumin/ zeera powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Corriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp
- Kastoori Methi – 1 large Pinch
- Sauf /fennel seed powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 2 crush it
- Firstly soak the kashmiri chilly in some hot water and the meanwhile chop 2 onions roughly. After that in a mixer jar put the soaked red chillies and roughly chopped onions and make a fine paste out of it. After this finely slice one onion and fry it once it’s golden remove it from the oil and keep it aside.
- Wash the chicken and marinate it using salt and turmeric powder / haldi. Marinate it for 10 mins. In the meantime heat the cooking oil over medium flame and to it add cumin seeds and green chillies and let it splutter. I have used musturd oil as it adds flavour if you are using the same oil then let it get smoked and then add the cumin seed to it.
- Now add the chicken to it.
- Fry it till the color changes. So you will have to fry it for 10 mins.
- Now add the onion and Kashmiri chilly paste along with ginger garlic corriander powder and cumin powder and mix it well. Add 250 ml of water and also add salt to it. I use pink salt as it’s healthy. You can use the salt that you use.
- Let it cook for 15 min approx then to it add the tomato puree and crushed bay leaves and cover and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Now after 10 mins remove the lid and add kasturi methi, sauf/fennel seed powder and garam masala powder. Mix well cover it with a lid and let it cook for 7 mins approx.
- After this turn off the flame. It’s ready to serve with rice. Garnish with freshly chopped corriander leaves and ginger julienne.