Baigan Bharta or mashed Eggplant
January 21, 2020 Veg Recipes
- Eggplant/Baigan : 1
- Onion – 1 large finely chopped
- Tomatoes- 2 roasted and make puree
- Garlic – 6 cloves finely chopped
- Green chili -2 finely chopped
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp roasted
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Corriander powder – 1 tsp
- Freshly chopped corriander
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Firstly roasted the brinjal/ eggplant/ baigan on the stove also roast the tomatoes. Once done let it cool and remove the skin.
- Now in a cooking pot pour the cooking oil. I have used musturd oil as it adds a nice flavor so I have added the onions garlic and green chilly only after the oil gets smoked.
- Now fry the onion till it turns translucent and after that mash the roasted tomatoes make puree out of it and add them.
- Mix it well and then add to it cumin powder, corriander powder, red chilly powder and salt Mix well. Let it cooking for 7 mins.
- Meanwhile when the flavours are getting absorbed mash the brinjal.
- Now add the mashed brinjal to the onion mixture and mix well let it cooking for 10 mins on a medium flame. So that the flavours are nicely absorbed.
- After 10 mins turn off the flame and add some freshly chopped corriander leaves mix well. Reserve some for garnishing.
- And now it’s ready to serve.