September 25, 2019 Veg Recipes
- Cauliflower – 1 large break the florets.
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Onion paste – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 4 small
- Potatoes – 3 medium cut into medium cubes
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Sauf powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
- Kastori meethi powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Firstly blanch the cauliflower florets by adding them to boiling water that contains a pinch of turmeric. And leave them in the water for 5 mins and then drain out the water.
- Take a cooking pot and heat it over a medium flame then pour in oil and let it smoke up.
- Now add cumin seeds and let it splutter if you want you can add green chillies too. After that add the onion paste along with ginger garlic paste and let it cook till the smell vanishes.
- Now to it add turmeric powder, chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and a bit of water and fry it till the quality reduces. You can even use 2 tbsp of bhuna masala if you don’t want to do this from scratch. Link for bhuna masala http://jainabskitchen.com/home-cooking/bhuna-masala/
- Once the masala is done add capsicum and potatoes mix well.
- After that add tomato puree and sauf powder also salt and mix well and now cover and cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Once done
- Now it’s time to add the blanced cauliflower florets and mix well so that the flavor perfectly absorbed.
- Now after 10 mins of letting it cook over a low flame add dry mango powder and crushed kastori meethi and mix well and let it simmer for another 10 mins.
- Now once done turnoff the flame and it’s ready to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves.