- Spinach / Palak – 500 gms
- Tofu / Paneer / cottage cheese:200 gms
- Onion -1 large
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Green chilly – 3
- Cumin seed- 2 tsp
- Tomato – 3
- Cashew – 10 nos
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Kastori Meethi – 1 tsp
- Firstly wash the palak Or spinach properly and then blanch it out It’s always better to use baby spinach leaves. Now in a pan pour the oil and add cumin seeds and let them splutter . Then add the onion and fry it so that it’s golden brown in color.
- Now let it cool once it cools put it in a blender along with blanched spinach and to it add green chilly and make a paste out of it.
- Once done in the same pan in which I fried the onion I added the ginger garlic paste and fried it for a minute till the smell vanishes and then add this paste. Also add 200ml of water. Mix well and let it simmer on a medium flame. In the meantime make tomato puree.
- Now add tomato puree and again let it get cooked for 10 mins over a medium flame .make sure you cover it.
- Then add Paneer cubes you can also add tofu cubes if you want a diary free option.
- Mix well and cover and cook for 7 mins. After that add the cashew paste add some salt mix well and let it cook for 5 mins.Then add kastori meethi and just cover the pot and turn off the flame.Adding the cashew gives it a creamy texture . Mix well . Once done it’s ready to serve.