Paneer Butter Masala
Paneer Butter masala it’s a classic repice. Favorite of most of us.Recipe below. Try it and let me know. This serves 4 persons.
- Paneer/ cottage cheese- 400 gms cut in cubes
- Butter – 50 gms
- Onion – 1 large grind into paste
- Tomato puree – 200 ml
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1.5 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Kastoori meethi – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Corriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves to garnish (optional)
- Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Heat butter in the cooking pan over medium flame and to it add a tsp of oil in order to avoid it from burning. Then to it add the onion paste.
- Fry the onion for 3 mins and then add the ginger garlic paste to it and cook it for another 4 mins.
- Now to it add the spices that is red chilly powder, corriander powder and cumin powder and turmeric powder and add a bit of water in order to avoid burning and then cook it for 7 mins approx till the masalas are well cooked . It is always better to use roasted spices here. Since I dry roast my spices and grind I have added them directly here.
- Mix well and cook for 7 mins approx and this is how it will look once cooked.
- Now add the tomato puree to it. And let it cook for 10 mins over a medium flame.
- Now add kastoori meethi , garam masala Or all spice powder and cream to the mixture mix well and let it simmer for 5 mins on a medium flame.
- Now taste the gravy if you find it too spicy add some sugar as this gravy is not supposed to be very spicy. Once the taste is adjusted as per you add the paneer cubes to it .mix well cook it for 5 mins on a low flame and then turn off the flame.
- Ready to serve .